Margo Gore — Mathematics
Common Core Math 1, Common Core Math 3, and Pre-Calculus
I’m thrilled to be joining the staff at MMACHS in the 2015-2016 school year. For the last 8 years I’ve been working in the West Ada School District (formerly Joint School District No. 2) as both a homebound teacher and online math teacher.
This year I’ll be teaching Math 1, Math 3 and Pre-Calculus, which is an NNU concurrent credit class. Students and parents can find course syllabi, assignment information, and calendar on Edmodo. Grade information can be found on PowerSchool.
My educational philosophy:
- Learning is more meaningful when we are active participants
- It’s okay to struggle to learn something
- Things that we relate to other areas in life are recalled more easily
- Everyone has room for improvement
- Everyone can learn from seeing how other people solve problems
- Explaining how you did a problem solidifies your own understanding
- Determination and perseverance are essential to success
- The formal study of mathematics teaches reasoning skills
I look forward to a fun and productive year!