History, Government, Psychology
This year, we will be using Edmodo in our classroom. Edmodo is a free and secure social learning network for teachers, students and schools. It provides a safe and easy way for us to connect, share content and access homework, grades and school notices.
Edmodo also offers parent accounts and I’d like to invite you to join our classroom online.
With Parent Accounts, you can:
- View your child’s homework assignments and due dates
- Stay up to date on your child’s grades
- Receive updates on class and school events
Edmodo is accessible online and on any mobile device with Internet capabilities (they also offer a free iPhone and Android app). You can access your account on the go, and adjust your notification settings within Edmodo to receive alerts via text or email.
To join our classroom on Edmodo, follow these steps:
- Go to www.edmodo.com
- Select “Parent Signup” (the link is located below the student and teacher sign up buttons)
- Key in your unique code: [XXXXXX] in the Parent Code field, then create your unique username and password.
- Select Sign Up. That’s all there is to it!
After you sign up for the first time, you will no longer need the parent code – you’ll login using your unique username and password to login.
Let me know if you have any questions. I look forward to connecting with you on Edmodo!
FACETIME: I am connected in the classroom with an iPad. Connect with Room 12 using email@example.com if you are unable to attend.
Additional course resources can be found at: